ISSI 2023 Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee invites scholars, friends, and researchers to submit a contribution to the 19th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference to be held in Bloomington, Indiana, USA, July 2-5. ISSI2023 is part of a long series of biennial conferences launched in 1987 that provides an international forum for scientists, research managers and, administrators, as well as information professionals, to discuss the advancements of informetric and scientometric theory and applications and to better understand the complexity of scholarly communication and its role in the knowledge-based societies. The forum provides the opportunity for enlivened discussion, fun, and fellowship! The 2023 conference is organized by Indiana University under the auspices of ISSI - The International Society for Informetrics and Scientometrics All manuscripts should be submitted to the conference editorial manager system (ConfTool).
Major conference topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Informetric theory
- Methods and techniques
- Citation and co-citation analysis
- Research collaboration, mobility, and internationalization
- Knowledge dissemination, integration, and interdisciplinarity
- Bibliometric indicators – present and future
- Webometrics and altmetrics
- Science mapping and visualization
- Informetric applications of DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion)
- Science policy and research assessment
- University policy and institutional rankings
- Communication channels: periodicals, proceedings, books, and electronic publications
- Knowledge discovery, AI (artificial intelligence), and data mining
- Bibliometrics-aided information retrieval
- Data sources and data processing
- Data harmonization and integration
- Quantum social science applications
- Macro-, Meso- and micro-level studies
- Open science – open access and open data
- Patent analysis
- Science-technology interface
How and when to submit
The submission portal for ISSI 2023 is now closed and decisions have been issued.
Authors of full papers and research in progress papers should make sure they have used the template for full papers which is in Microsoft Word format and use it to prepare the submission. Please note that formatting details are included in the template. The poster template is available here.
A “Best Conference Poster” award will be given on the final day of the conference. .
Let’s share our latest, most exciting work! We ask participants to refrain from depositing the conference materials to a preprint service until after the conference. We will make submissions discoverable online after the conference through an improved Proceedings website.
|December 12, 2022||Deadline for full papers, research in progress papers, workshops, and tutorials.|
|January 15, 2023||
Doctoral Forum deadline.
Poster Proposal deadline.
|February 8, 2023||Early bird registration opens.|
|February 13, 2023||Decisions issued on full papers, research in progress, workshops and tutorials.|
|February 15, 2023||Decisions on posters issued.|
|February 28, 2023||2023 Doctoral Forum Results Announced.|
|March 31, 2023||Submission of the final version of papers.|
|April 15, 2023||Early bird registration rate close – all speakers are asked to register by this date or communicate with organizers about their plans to maintain their speaking slot.|
|May 1, 2023||Draft Program published.|
|June 5, 2023||Proceedings published.|
|July 2, 2023||Conference begins.|